Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grandparents day

9/12/2010

Today we drove in to GR to attend church with Grammy and Jay for “friendship” Sunday service.  IT was so fun to see some of the dear friends from our old church Lake Drive and to spend some time with Gram and Jay on Grandparents day.  We also got to see and hug on my Great Aunt Doris.  Her sister Aunt Grace is who we named Sophia’s middle name after. 

Its was even more special because my sister Joy and her husband Jake and Sophia's cousins Benjamin and Rachel came also, Gram and Jay had lots of family with them and I think they really enjoyed it!  I know we did.

I didn’t put Sophia in the nursery so I was occupied with her in the narthex of the church and it is a very large open space for her to practice all her walking.  She is getting so good, I think i counted 9 steps in a row before she stopped and lost balance.  I am still amazed at how well she is doing and how independent she wants to be.  She will only hold on to one hand now, not both, i think that makes her feel like a big girl. 

She has 4 teeth on bottom and 4 on top almost all the way through.  She has been a trooper with the teeth, lots of drool and I want to think the snotty nose she has had for 3 weeks is also that but its so hard to tell.  So we just keep an eye on it. 

She is waving to people she likes and she has this funny little thing she does, the girls taught her in daycare.  She starts to move her finger back and forth when you say to her, “OH NO YOU DIDN”T”   It is so cute. 

I must add that we wish Nana Ruth could have been with us today, but she had to work in South Haven.  We love our Nana and Pappy and our great grandparents!  Thank you for loving us.

 

Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 006 Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 004 Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 008 Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 009Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 005 Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 007 Sept 2010 grandparents day and friends 002

No comments:

Post a Comment