So in this last picture, you can see from marks face, this was a long day! But oh my word was it fun! Mark and I took Sophia to Cranes which has a really neat place to eat you can have cider and donuts and soup and sandwich and its all antique looking inside, if you are ever in Fennville mi you must go! Its one of my favorite spots and especially this time of the year because Fall is my favorite! I love the colors and the weather and the festivities that come along with the changing of the season. Sophia loved biting into the apples she got a kick out of riding in the wagon with all the apples and the bumps made her laugh. IT was so cute. As you can see she passed out in about 5 minutes once we got in the car! BIG DAY
So we took Sophia to pick apples, we went with the gala and the Ida reds. The gala made the apple sauce very sweet and the Ida reds help to thicken it and make a bit chunky. This was my very first time making it and my friend Nichol and her hubby Eric and daughter adelyn came over for dinner and then she helped me and provided her grandmothers apples sauce press. Oh my word, we made 19 qtz of sauce. I canned it and that was a first for me too! I am so thankful for Nichole, she has so many wonderful ideas and she knows how to do everything!! I think i finished up with all the canning sometime after midnight. So note to self for the future, don't start making applesauce at 7pm at night! THANK YOU NICHOLE AND ERIC and My hubby for helping with the kids and cleanup!
No comments:
Post a Comment