Monday, October 17, 2011

Family trip to Shedds in Chicago

 

I was so excited to visit Shedds since I have never been there.  Also, Sophia loves the movie NEMO so we thought how fun to go for the day. 

We packed up early and headed down. It was a Saturday and they had a scheduled football game at the stadium so we knew we needed to arrive before parking prices went up to $46.  Yes that is correct, normally $19 but for games goes up. 

IMG_3674

IMG_3630IMG_3631 IMG_3633

We arrived at the parking ramp and the woman informed us that the Shedds's website must have been wrong because the cost to park for the day was $46 not the $19.  While this was frustrating we don’t know downtown Chicago well enough to dispute and find another parking ramp.  So we paid it with every intent to discuss with a manager.  I had specifically read on the website that the parking would be the $19 until 1pm that day.

Good news was once we spoke to a manager he was so sweet and gave us the day at Shedds's for FREE.  Never thought that would happen, thought maybe a comp on food.  So made the trip that much better. 

Here we are at the “water show” I have to say it was a huge disappointment.  They only had dolphins and there was no show.  They only shared with us how they teach the dolphins to communicate?  Bummer and Sophia was bored.  IMG_3635 IMG_3634

This was probably the best part for Sophia, it was a make believe area where she could play in the water and she liked that alot.  Also, live star fish that you could touch. IMG_3638          IMG_3637

We took a break for lunch which i think the cost of that made up for the free entry!  Holy cow it was expensive for a grilled cheese, and personal pizza.  =) They have a nice area outside you can eat at.

 IMG_3647 IMG_3646 IMG_3650IMG_3651 IMG_3654 My sweet peanut!IMG_3653  IMG_3655 IMG_3658 IMG_3660 IMG_3661 IMG_3666 IMG_3664

   I think God is such an amazing creator!

 

IMG_3673The trip home was long, I was so tired and hoped to fall asleep in the car.  Sophia decided to talk and scream the entire 3 hours home.  However the day was a memory I will cherish and I hope she will too.  We will do it again and but next time we will have little man with us!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment